Last modified: November 11, 2022
Bainum Family Foundation, Inc. (“Foundation,” ”We,” or “Us”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the websites bainumfdn.org, dcearlyedx.org, wevisionearlyed.org, aceacademy.org, instructionalframework.org, bainumfarm.org, and any other websites owned or operated by the Foundation (our “Websites”); in connection with in-person meetings and events; over the phone; and through our programs. It also describes our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On these Websites.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and these Websites.
- At in-person events where you give us information and where your image and voice may be recorded.
- When you call us by phone.
- When you provide it through our grants management system.
It does not apply to information collected:
- By any other means, including on any other website operated by the Foundation or any third party;
- By any third party, including through any application or content that may link to or be accessible from or through the Websites; or
- From employees or job applicants.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Websites are not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Websites. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on the Websites. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect the following information:
- From and about users of our Websites and at in-person interactions by which you may be personally identified, such as name, title, postal address, email address, telephone number, or any other information you choose to provide, including images and recordings of your likeness and voice (“personal information”); and
- From users of our Websites about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Websites, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the Websites. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies.
- From third parties, for example, our partners.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Websites, such as on the “Contact Us” or “Sign Up” pages. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Websites.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses) if you contact us.
- Information that you provide when you interact with us in person at meetings and events (including images, recordings, or video of your likeness and your voice, for which we will seek separate consent from you before sharing with third parties).
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Websites, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Websites, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Websites.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is only statistical data and does not include personal information. It helps us to improve our Websites and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Websites and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Foundation, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
- Google Analytics. We use Google Analytics to track website performance and learn more about our visitors. You may opt out of this tracking by following the instructions at the link below.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Websites and their contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Websites.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Websites.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Foundation’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Foundation about users of our Websites and other persons from whom we have obtained personal information is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Foundation, our users, or others.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Messages from the Foundation. If you do not wish to have your contact information used by the Foundation to promote our own or third parties’ programs or services, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com. If we have sent you an email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions or use the “unsubscribe” link in the email. This opt-out does not apply to information provided to the Foundation as a result of a contract or financial transaction.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Websites. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Websites.